The many and varied programs and services offered by the Wyckoff Y will keep the entire family busy from dawn to dusk.
“BILLY’S BUDDIES” is an outreach program for children with Down syndrome and their families. The primary goal is to create awareness and acceptance of individuals with DS. Additionally, “Billy’s Buddies” provides families with valuable resources and networking opportunities.
Billy’s Buddies Membership includes:
$100 per family per year
• A caring, supportive parent network
• Educational speakers and workshops to present up-to-date information on Down syndrome
• Support for new parents
• Lending library
• Participation in the Buddy Walk of Bergen County
• Social events for families: picnics, indoor swim sessions, holiday parties
• Swim lessons for Billy’s Buddies members. Contact: BryanM@wyckoffymca.org
Join other families who have a child with Down syndrome once a month for a special event or to socialize. Parents participate in an adult group, siblings participate in a sibling group, and children enjoy spending time with the Wyckoff YMCA Teen Leaders. Meetings are followed by a light dinner.
Oct. 13 ,2018
Registration begins at 10am
Walk begins at 11am
The Buddy Walk brings together many families with the goal of raising awareness and inclusion for those with Down syndrome. One-mile family walk, games, family activities, delicious food, and music!